This course will teach you to use return and risk measurement techniques to make optimal investment choices, whether you work in a hedge fund, bank, insurance company, pension fund, or asset management company.
Who should take this course?
You are an investment analyst, risk analyst, or portfolio manager who wants to grow their career, or you are a student aspiring to build a career in the investment management industry.
What’s the minimum skill level necessary?
A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Mathematics. Basic competency in mathematics and intermediate-level experience with Excel spreadsheets.
How long do I have to complete this course?
You will have access to course content for 365 days from enrollment date and can choose to complete the course at any time during this period.
Audio-Visual Content and Duration:
- The time that it takes to complete the course will be determined by your desired pace. It’s estimated that you will spend a total of 7 hours to complete the course.
- The total viewing time of lesson presentations is approximately 2 hours; individual lesson topics are between 5-10 minutes each, presented as audio-visual content.
- The time needed to complete each exercise presented is between 10-20 minutes, based on your level of engagement.
- The final exam is allocated 1.5 hours.
- Completion of the course assignment (offline) is expected to take 2-3 hours.
Audio narration provided by Optimal MRM
- The exercises presented in lessons are provided in a downloadable Excel spreadsheet. This will enable you to practice the exercises, side-by-side with the lesson presentations.
- A downloadable PDF is provided as a text version of the lessons presentations. This can be used as reference and to make notes, as you go through the presentations.
- A downloadable PDF is provided with assignment instructions. The assignment is to be completed offline and uploaded to your account. The assignment is graded manually.
- A final exam is administered online and is comprised of questions in the form of true/false, multiple choice, sorting choice, and fill in the blank.
- Lesson quiz scores do not to affect your total score.
- Your total score is based on your combined grades on the assignment (30%) and the exam (70%).
- A letter of completion will be issued to you with a minimum total score of 70%.